Yearly Events and Student Focus Programs 2018 - 2019
- Back to School Night and Open House Night
- Campus open year round for all sports
- Cesar Chavez “La Marcha”
- Character Traits Awards Assemblies
- City Year After School Program
- Coffee with the Principal
- Community Garden
- Educational Field Trip
- Fundraiser Assemblies
- Instructional Leadership Team District Meeting
- Little Heroes Coach
- Mainstreaming students from SDC classes
- Multicultural Day
- Parent Leadership Meetings (SSC/ELAC/PTO)
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS)
- PBIS Dragon Scales
- Safety Meetings
- School Beautification Days
- School Tours for our community
- Science Camp Week for 5th graders
- Science Fair and District Science Fair
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Seasonal Performances
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
- Special Education Department Specialized in Autism
- Spirit Days
- Student Council
- Student Success Team
- Technology in every classroom
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- DUAL LANGUAGE
- Title 1 Academic Achievement Award
- Recognition of increased academic performance API
- Education Excellence Foundation honor roll
- Recognition of achievement for outstanding academic improvement for k-3 students
- Progress towards Excellence award presented by Mayor Ron Gonzales
- Recognize the administration, staff, and community of Arbuckle for exceeding all API expectations
- Arbuckle has been inducted into the Animal Pals Hall of Fame at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley
Student Focused Programs
Below are some of the programs and educational opportunities that we provided our students in the 2016-2017 school year and plan to continue.
City Year volunteers help tutor and give small group support in the classrooms. The volunteers also help with the after-school program and in mentoring the students at our school. This year they will have an outside morning rally two times a week. Where the entire school would meet on the blacktop to pledge our flag, sing a song, state our school pledge, do physical exercises/School moves to prepare their bodies for learning during the day.
- Clubs allow students to learn about things they may not get taught during the traditional school day. The clubs this past year were Student Council, Reading Club, Gardening Club, Robotics and Campus Clean-up Club.
School Reads takes place before school. When students arrive at school, they are expected to have a book with them that they read until the classrooms are open. We encourage parents to come into the classrooms and read with their children until the bell rings.
Accelerated Reader allows students to take quizzes on computers once they have finished a book. This checks their comprehension. Once a month we invite all parents to stay and read with their children.
Technology at our school: Teachers have access to LCD projectors and Neo-2's to check out for accelerated reader. check out.
5th Grade Science Camp in the spring
College Field Trips at every grade level to get students thinking about college. While at Arbuckle, students visit De Anza College, San Jose State University, Berkley, Santa Clara University, UC Santa Cruz, and Stanford.
After-School Intervention Program is run by teachers who identify students who need help in a specific area of instruction. These interventions last approximately 4 weeks at a time.
- YMCA provides after-school care to students right after school in our Arbuckle campus.